Thursday, January 15, 2009

Our American Holocaust three times a day

A silent Holocaust is going on in America--right here and now--right in front of our noses three times a day. Can’t you smell it? Look off in the distance. Factory Farming is hazing our World. Well, maybe, you cannot see it. I see it in the far off distance, a wavy haze melting the ground.

Excerpt from Peep Show For Children Only:
MR. DAVID WARWAK: Can I see my witness for a second?
ARBITRATOR SIMON: Sure.
(Whereupon, a brief recess was taken.)
BY MR. RILEY:
Q Just so we're on the page that began with the words cannibal your child will eat later. I want you to go two pages beyond that, the one that begins with the words, issue is not a crazy fad or news from a crazy zealot, that one. Do you see that?
A Okay.
Q Okay. And then the paragraph -- the second paragraph begins the words -- with the words a silent holocaust is going on in America right here and now right in front of our noses three times a day. Do you see that?
A Yes.
Q Okay. And the holocaust you're referring to three times a day was breakfast, lunch and dinner?
A Correct.
Q Okay. And you understand the historical reference to a holocaust, correct?
A Yes. The word holocaust was originally described how man treats animals and then it was later transferred into Nazi Germany but the original meaning of the holocaust has to do with treatment of animals, if you look it up, the root meaning of it, yes.
Q You believe when you were at the school there was a holocaust going on with factory farming?
A It's going on all over America, yes, sir.
Q And that eating meat is part of that holocaust?
MR. DAVID WARWAK: Again, these are my personal views. You know, I'm not teaching this in the class. This is a web site that is, you know, after the fact. And I change as a person, I'm growing, I always have new --
ARBITRATOR SIMON: I understand that, Mr. Warwak. I'll take that into consideration, believe me.
BY MR. RILEY:
Q Eating meat is part of that holocaust?
A I don't know if I'd say that. You're – did I write that?
Q I'm asking you -- I'm asking --
A I did not write that, no, I did not say that. No, I did not.
Q I didn't ask whether you said it. I'm asking whether eating meat is part of the holocaust?
MR. DAVID WARWAK: I don't see the relevance to my --
ARBITRATOR SIMON: I'll allow the question.
THE WITNESS: I guess you're part of it if you're participating in the eating of it, yeah. If you didn't eat it, then that animal wouldn't have died.
BY MR. RILEY:
Q And the Fox River Grove school lunch program in September of 2007 was participating in that holocaust?
A It still is, sure.
Q And you are not the kind of man who could stand by and do nothing while a holocaust was going on in the school lunch program right up the hallway?
A I had to make these things known. If I am silent about the matter, then I am complicit in the lie and the crime. If I at least identify it and have nothing to do with it, my conscience is clean.
Q You knew that Dr. Mahaffy was not going to change the school lunch program?
A Now you're traveling from thoughts that were done months after and you're traveling back to with Mr. Mahaffy. I told you, I changed as a person. These are my personal views. And I really don't appreciate you perusing all of my site. No one asked you to go there. You went there and you're going through -- I'm going to be -- this is ridiculous. He's going to be asking me questions about everything that has been written months and months that -- I don't see an end to this. Where is it going?
ARBITRATOR SIMON: At this point he's asking about the relationship between you and Mr. Mahaffy.
MR. DAVID WARWAK: Okay. I would just appreciate that there's a division in the time frame because when he looks at a web site and he's talking about views that I had long after --
ARBITRATOR SIMON: You can address that when you answer the question.
BY MR. RILEY:
Q And you knew Dr. Mahaffy was not going to change the school lunch program at the district?
A I didn't know that. I was hopeful that he would. I tried working with him.
BY MR. RILEY:
Q Take a look at Exhibit 18, Mr. Warwak. You see that?
A Sure.
Q Okay. At the bottom of the page there's a message from Tim Mahaffy dated Friday, April 27, 2007, at 11:02. You see that?
A Yes.
Q Okay. And he told you -- and this is about the time where you were providing Dr. Mahaffy with materials about diet and veganism, correct?
A It's several weeks before that April 27th date, I gave him the 1989 John Robbins Realities to look at. It was sent out in email to all staff. I had private conversations with him about it and asking him what he thought about it. And each time I asked him he said that he hadn't read it yet. And several weeks went by and I was getting the impression that he was just going to sweep it under the rug. So I was approaching him and asking him if he read it. That's why he was sending the email and getting perturbed because I was pressing the issue. I was trying to get a response from him.
Q Okay. Dr. Mahaffy wrote to you: I am not going to commit any intentions on the, quote, future of our kids, close quote. I am not going to get into this debate with you. Please do not go there with me and I respectfully request that you not pressure me to feel guilty about the extremely grave and serious problems, right?
A That's what's written.
Q You got that and you read it because you actually responded to this, correct?
A Yes, sir.
Q Okay. And then he goes on to say: I do not currently have any plans to become the model school that you think we need to be when it comes to diet, correct?
A Yes. This whole document is correct. You don't have to read it and --
Q I'm just asking you yes or no, sir.
A Yes.

Many people are deeply upset because animal rights activists use the term "holocaust" when referring to the torment and killing of millions of animals. And they seem to think the word has been irreverently taken from those who use it to describe the horror of what happened to millions of persons whose bodies were immolated in the ovens of Nazi concentration camps.

But they are wrong. The word "holocaust" is taken from the biblical term used to describe the total immolation of sacrificed animals--they were known as whole-burnt offerings. The Greek word for such sacrifices is "holókaustos" and was used in the translation of the Hebrew scrolls as far back as 250 B.C. That translation (called the Septuagint) was completed for the Jews who lived in Alexandria, Egypt, and could no longer read or speak Hebrew.

So referring to the death of millions of animals as a holocaust was used more than 2,000 years before people applied it to the torture and slaughter of human beings. It is not animal rights people who have linked the death of animals and the death of people. It is those who were appalled at the human carnage of Nazi Germany, who likened it to a holocaust--to the death of millions of animals.

Bookmark and Share Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment